Welcome to OOMF! workforce and personal development solutions provided by Erica Hodgson: specialist healthcare and leadership services tailored to your organisation.
Drawing on my extensive experience as an occupational therapist, coach, advisor and educator I provide:
- Coaching for people who want to focus on their own strengths and development both personally and professionally
- Professional supervision from new graduate to experienced staff including leaders and managers
- Training development and facilitation targeted towards maintaining staff wellness, managing stress and risk awareness
I am passionate about supporting people to live to their full potential. After a career working directly with clients in the health system, I have now shifted focus to working with people from all walks of life. I am a trained coach and supervisor and bring this approach to all my interactions. I love getting to know the ‘real person’ and finding out what will really make the difference to lead the life they want to live!
I am also experienced in creating effective workplaces which respond to the needs of the client, increase staff knowledge and satisfaction and build leadership potential. I use a values based approach focusing on attitudes and beliefs which reflects my background in mental health and interest in staff wellness. I enjoy seeing staff make connections between past experience and new learning, whether in group training or 1:1 sessions.
- Roles in a variety of clinical settings in New Zealand and the UK assisting people to recover from illnesses including stress and burnout
- Knowledge and use of brief therapeutic interventions which build on existing strengths to achieve goals
- Project, service development and L&D roles have broadened my knowledge of approaches and audiences
- Extensive group facilitation, training and public speaking experience and strategic communication expertise
- I have managed the career development service (including the internal coaching programme) for the largest DHB in NZ
- Facilitator for MH101 (www.MH101.co.nz) supporting front line workers across NZ to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental distress
- BA in Psychology and Organisational Management
- BHSc (Occupational Therapy)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Allied Mental Health
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management Studies
- Advanced Executive Leadership and Management Program graduate (Blueprint for Learning)
- Governance training through IoD